Career after class 12th ? No need to worry. The Indian Armed Forces career are the best for another minimum of 20 yrs from the date of joining after series of tests/fitness levels. Here the details of these:-
AFMC( Armed Forces Medical Services College,Pune): AFMC is the only MBBS teaching facility for Indian Armed Forces for its Army,IAF and Navy.Applications are invited for admission to the MBBS course at Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune, commencing from 02 Aug 2010. Total 130 candidates (including a maximum of 25 girls) will be selected. All the 105 boys and 25 girls admitted to Armed Forces Medical College, Pune have compulsory liability to serve as commissioned officers in the Armed Forces Medical Services on graduation. The type of commission will depend upon the vacancies available and merit-cum-option at the final MBBS examination. The liability of the Short Service Commission (SSC) officers passing out of AFMC to serve the Armed Forces Medical Services would be seven (7) years. All candidates admitted to the college are required to execute a bond to this effect for an amount of Rs. 15 lacs (Rupees Fifteen lacs) at the time of joining the college. Students removed from service liability due to any reason will have to pay the bond money as per conditions laid down by Govt of India. 2. Ten seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates who also have similar service liability and have to fulfil the requirements of medical fitness,age, educational qualification and qualifying the entrance examination as per details given in the prospectus.
3. SPECIAL CONCESSIONS : The Govt will provide free accommodation and entitled rations, subsidised messing, AC 3 Tier free railway warrant from college to home and back during vacations, a book subsidy of Rs. 12,000/- during entire training period, uniform allowance of Rs. 6000/- per student during first year and Rs.1250/- per year as maintenance allowance in subsequent years and any other misc allowances as applicable. 4. All candidates should be medically fit as per laid down standards for the Armed Forces.
5. Only unmarried candidates are eligible. Marriage during the course is not permitted. The college is fully and compulsorily residential both for boys and girls.
6. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION : Applicants must have passed the XII standard/pre-professional/premedical examination or equivalent examination of statutory Indian University/Board or any other recognized Board/University as a regular student in all the subjects opted for in FIRST ATTEMPT with the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology securing not less than 60% of aggregate marks in the three science subjects taken together, not less than 50% marks in each of the science subjects and not less than 50% marks in English. They must have also passed an examination in Mathematics at least of the matriculation standard. A graduate of B.Sc. examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany or Zoology) and also must have passed the earlier qualifying examination i.e. XII standard/Pre professional (Med) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and obtained marks as stated above. NOTE (a) Candidates who are to appear in the qualifying examination (10+2 or equivalent) upto 01 May 2010 may also appear for the test provisionally. (b) The following categories of students are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply :- (i) Candidates who have passed in Domestic Science, Domestic Arithmetic,Lower Maths separately or in combination with other subjects like General Science,Social studies in High School/Higher Secondary (Multi Purpose) or equivalent examination (ii) Candidates who have passed only Pre-University/Pre-Degree (one year course) or Pre-Professional in Agriculture/Veterinary/Dental Examination (iii) Candidates who have passed the Pre-Professional or equivalent qualifying examination as private candidates.
7. AGE LIMIT : Must have attained the age of 17 years on 31 December 2010 but must NOT have attained the age of 22 years on the date i.e. not born earlier than 01 January 1989 and not later than 31 December 1993, if the academic qualification of the candidate is 10+2 or equivalent. A candidate who has passed B.Sc. examination or will be appearing in final B.Sc. examination and seeks admission, he/she must not have attained the age of 24 years on 31 December 2010 i.e. must have been born not earlier than 01 January 1987.
8. METHOD OF SELECTION : Candidates will be required to appear in the competitive written test of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Intelligence, Logic, Reasoning,English Language and Comprehension on 02 May 2010. It will be held at the following centres in India :-AGRA, AHMEDNAGAR, AHMEDABAD,
ALLAHABAD, AMBALA, AURANGABAD, BAGDOGRA, BANGALORE,BAREILLY,BATHINDA, BELGAUM, BHOPAL, CHANDIGARH , CHENNAI,CHILKA, COCHIN, COIMBATORE, DANAPUR, DEHRADUN, DELHI,DEVLALI, GAYA,GOLCONDA, GORAKHPUR, GUWAHATI, GWALIOR,JABALPUR, JAIPUR, JALANDHAR, JAMMU, JHANSI, JODHPUR, KAMPTEE, KANPUR, KOLKATA, LUCKNOW, MEERUT, MHOW,MUMBAI, NASIRABAD, PATHANKOT, PORT BLAIR, PUNE, RAMGARH, RANCHI, SECUNDERABAD, SHILLONG, TEZPUR,THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, UDHAMPUR, VADODARA, VARANASI,VASCO-DA-GAMA, VISAKHAPATANAM AND YOL .9. Candidates selected in the written test, will be called for interview at PUNE in the month of June 2010. No TA/DA would be admissible to the candidates either for written test, interview or at the time of reporting for admission.
10. HOW TO APPLY :
(a) Prospectus and application forms can be purchased for Rs. 250/- in cash at the General/Head/Central/Main Post Offices located at the undermentioned places from 21 Dec 2009 till stocks last or 29 January 2010 WHICHEVER IS EARLIER :- Agra Cantt HPO, Ahmedabad GPO, Ahmednagar HPO, Aizwal HPO,Allahabad HPO, Ambala Cantt HPO, Aurangabad HPO, Bagdogra PO, Bangalore GPO, Bareilly HPO, Bathinda HPO, Belgaum HPO, Berhampur HPO, Bhopal GPO, Bhubaneswar GPO, Chandigarh GPO, Chennai GPO, Coimbatore PO,Darbhanga HPO, Dehradun GPO, New Delhi (Gol Dakhkhana) GPO, Delhi (Kamla Nagar) PO, Delhi (Krishna Nagar) HPO, Delhi (Rohini) PO, Delhi (Lodhi Road) HPO, Delhi (Ramesh Nagar) HPO, Dharamsala HPO, Dharwad HPO,Ernakulam HPO, Ferozpur HPO, Guwahati GPO, Gwalior HPO, Hyderabad GPO,Imphal HPO, Indore HPO, Itanagar HPO, Jabalpur HPO, Jaipur GPO, Jalandhar HPO, Jammu HPO, Jhansi HPO, Jodhpur HPO, Jorhat HPO, Kanpur HPO, Kolkata GPO, Kozhikode HPO, Lucknow GPO, Madurai HPO, Meerut HPO, Mumbai GPO, Nagpur HPO, Pathankot HPO, Panaji HPO, Patna GPO, Pondichery HPO,Port Blair HPO, Pune HPO, Raipur GPO, Rajkot HPO, Ramgarh Cantt HPO,Ranchi GPO, Sambalpur HPO, Shillong HPO, Shimla GPO, Siliguri HPO, Srinagar GPO, Surat HPO, Tezpur HPO, Tinsukia HPO, Tirucharapallai HPO,Thiruvananthapuram HPO, Udaipur HPO, Vadodara HPO, and Visakhapatanam HPO.
Note :- While purchasing prospectus from above HPOs/GPOs candidates must ensure that they have received one copy of the Application Form also. Demand draft is NOT required to be sent alongwith these applications.
(b) Prospectus and application forms can also be obtained by post from Officer-in-Charge (Admission Cell), Armed Forces Medical College, Sholapur Road, Pune- 411 040 on payment of Rs. 250/- per copy, only by Bank Draft on any nationalized bank payable at Pune in favour of “Commandant, AFMC,
Pune”, along with full postal address of the candidate on two separate slips of paper (size 9 cms x 5 cms). Please ensure that the Demand Draft bears the code number of the issuing bank. The candidate must write his/her name & address on the back of the Demand Draft. The candidate should enclose an application for obtaining prospectus and application form giving his/her particulars and address and enclose a self addressed envelope of 11” X 13” size and affix postage stamp of Rs. 55/-. Bank Drafts on any other banks other than nationalized banks, Money Orders, Cash or Postal Orders will not be accepted. Each request should be accompanied by a separate demand draft. Combined demand draft for more than one application will not be accepted. Request for prospectus to be sent by post will be accepted from 21 Dec 2009 to 19 Jan 2010 upto 4 pm only.
(c) Application form and prospectus can also be downloaded from www.afmc.nic.in from 21 Dec 2009 to 29 January 2010. Such forms, printed on A4 size glossy paper, duly completed in all respect alongwith a Crossed Demand Draft for a sum of Rs 250/- drawn in favour of “Commandant AFMC, Pune” on any nationalized bank payable at Pune be forwarded to AFMC Pune, so as to reach there not later than 05 Feb 2010 at 4 PM. The candidate must write his/her name & address on the back of the Demand Draft
(d) COMPLETED FORMS MUST REACH :-
THE OFFICER-IN CHARGE
(ADMISSIONS CELL), ARMED FORCES MEDICAL COLLEGE,
POST OFFICE WANAWADI, PUNE - 411 040 BY 4 PM ON 05 FEBRUARY 2010.
11. Disputes, if any, will fall within the jurisdiction of Pune (Maharashtra) only. AFMC will not be responsible for any postal delay or loss in transit.
Admission Procedure: The course commences in the month of August. Advertisements for recruitment appear in the leading news papers of the country in the month of December every year, for MBBS course. Candidates are required to submit their application forms in the prescribed format, along with other necessary documents mentioned therein.The AFMC is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Science, Nashik and is recognised by the Medical Council of India.
Admission to MBBS course is based on written examination. The written examination is held on 1st Sunday of May. Successful candidates are called for interview in June for the courses starting in July. Admission is subject to medical fitness.
PROSPECTUS AVAILABILITY:Prospectus is available on sale at all Major City GPOs/ HPO's/ Pos from the date of advertisement for approximately one month. The present cost of the prospectus is Rs. 250/-. Details in MBBS Admissions
Course Duration: The duration of MBBS course is four and a half year followed by internship of one year.
Service Liability:Students have compulsory liability to serve as Commisioned Officers in the Armed Forces Medical Services. The offer of the type of commission will depend on the vacancies available. The candidates' parents/guardians are required to sign a bond agreement at the time of admission.
ELIGIBILITY AND QUALIFICATIONS TO APPEAR IN THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION GENERAL:
A candidate seeking admission to the MBBS course is eligible to take the entrance examination if he/she fulfills the following criteria:
• A candidate should be a citizen of India or be a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or a person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan or any other foreign country with the intention of permanently settling in India.
• Must be unmarried. Marrying during the course is not permitted.
• Should be medically fit as per prescribed standards by the Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence
• Must have attained the age of 17yrs on 31st Dec of the year of application, but must not have attained the age of 22 years on that date(Not more than 24 years in case of candidates who have passed or are appearing in final B Sc examinations).
Academic Qualifications:Candidate must have passed all the subjects opted for in the first attempt of the qualifying examinations as a regular candidate with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken simultaneously and securing not less than 60% of the aggregate marks in these 3 science subjects taken together and not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in each of the science subjects. They must have also passed an examination in Mathematics of the 10th standard.
Number of Seats:A total of 130 students (105 boys & 25 girls) will be admitted.
Syllabus For the Examination:The general standard of the entrance examination will be that of 11th and 12th class under the 10+2 scheme/pre-medical/intermediate science or an equivalent examination of the State Education Board/Indian University
Method of Selection:
• Candidates who are found provisionally eligible as per the criteria of eligibility, will be called at one of the examination centres to appear in the competitive examination on 1st Sunday of May. Issue of admit cards. however does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility which will be further scrutinized at subsequent stages of selection.
• The written examination centre will be allotted to candidates depending upon the administrative arrangements for the examination and availability of adequate seating capacity.
• The Roll Number of the candidates who qualify for interview based on the above written examination will be published in the leading newspapers. The college/DGAFMS take no responsibility for any error or omission in the roll numbers published in the newspapers.
Interview of Candidate:
• On the basis of their performance in the written examination selected candidates in order of roll numbers will be called for an interview to be held in the month of June at AFMC, PUNE.
• The exact date of the above interview will be intimidated to the selected candidates. Request for change of date of interview will NOT be entertained. The candidates will be required to produce originals of all certificates/mark sheets at the time of interview. All candidates will produce result or proof of having appeared in the qualifying examination held, at the time of interview (if the result of such examination has not been declared).
• On the basis of the above test and interview two merit lists, one for boys and one for girls, will be drawn up and admissions will be offered only to candidates in accordance with their merit position. Individual letters of admission will be sent only to selected candidates who would be required to join AFMC. The remaining candidates will be on waiting list. The result will be published by the DGAFMS in the newspapers.
• Ten seats are reserved for SC/ST candidates provided :
The SC/ST candidates must qualify in the written examination and come within the zone to be called up for interview. They must come within the first 500 in the final combined merit list of boys and girls.
• The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disability likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duty in the Armed Forces.
• Medical examination will be done by a Board of Officers at AFMC Pune, prior to admission to the College. Medical Board will categorize as Fit and Unfit, in accordance with the prescribed standards. Candidates declared as UNFIT are entitled to appeal on payment of a fee of Rs. 40/-. The procedure will be intimated to the concerned candidates by the President of the Medical Board.
• Important physical requirements are enumerated below for guidance:
There should be:
• No serious deformity and mal-developments, scoliosis, spinal bifida and other skeletal deformities.
• No impediment of speech.
• No sign of functional/organic disease of the heart or blood vessels.
• No evidence of pulmonary tuberculosis or previous history of this disease or any other chronic disease of the lungs.
• No evidence of any disease of the digestive system, including any abnormality of the liver or spleen.
• No inguinal hernia or tendency thereto, hydrocoele or definite varicocoele.
• No fistula, piles, disease of the kidneys, disease of the skin.
• No active, latent or congenital STD, history of epilepsy and any mental and psychiatric disorder.
• No squint or any other morbid condition of the eye.
• No active trachoma or Lymph nodes.
• The height and weight requirements will depend upon the age, body build and racial characteristics as per standards laid down for Armed Forces:
o Girl Standard: In case of female candidates, minimum height of 144 cms and minimum weight of 36kgs is essential.
o Boys Standards: The male candidates height below 157.5cms (152.5 for Gorkhas, Nepalese and Garhwali, and Assamese) and weight below 39 kgs will not be accepted irrespective of age and other factors.
• There should be minimum 5cms range of chest expansion.
• There should be no ear discharge and no perforation of the eardrum/nasal septum.
Better eye Worse eye
1. Distant Vision (Corrected) 6/6 6/18
2. Near Vision (Corrected) N5 N8
3. Myopia of not more than -3.5 D
4. Hypermetropia of not more than +3.5 D +3.5 D
Minimum color vision standard should be CP-3 (Defective Safe).
Hearing Standard:The candidate should be able to hear a forced whisper with each ear separately at a distance of 20 feet.
FACILITIES PROVIDED TO THE STUDENTS:
HOSTEL FACILITY: The college is fully residential and residence in the hostel is compulsory for all students with service liability. Separate boys and girls hostels are located in the college campus. The hostel accommodation is free of charge for service liability candidates. If a student is removed from service liability on account of being found medically unfit for commission or on disciplinary/academic grounds he/she will have to make his/her own arrangements for stay.
MESSING FACILITY: All students residing in the hostel are required to join the mess attached to the hostel. Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian food is served in a common combined mess for both boys and girls cadets.
HEALTH & RECREATIONAL FACILITY: Students are required to participate in games, sports and gymnastics. Facilities for sports such as cricket, squash, tennis, hockey, football, volleyball, basketball, handball, table tennis and gymnastics are provided free of cost. Facilities for aquatics also exist on nominal payment.
There is an open air cinema, membership for which is compulsory. Hindi and English films are screened.
Students with service liability are entitled to free outpatient/ inpatient/ dental treatment at all times in any service hospital/dental centre to the extent of medical facilities available locally. Periodical medical examination/ medical board considered necessary will also be carried out free of cost.
SPECIAL CONCESSIONS:The government provides the following concessions to service liability students (male and female).
• Entitled rations as authorised and subsidised messing.
• Free hostel accommodation and allied services.
• AC 3 Tier railway warrant for journey during vacation from college to home and back.
• First Class/ AC 2 Tier rail Journey on railway warrant after being commissioned.
• A subsidy of Rs.12,000/- per student for purchase of books and equipment during the entire training period. Amount will be issued proportionately during I, II and III MBBS.
• Uniform allowance Rs.6,000/- per student during first year and Rs.1,250/- per year as maintenance allowance in subsequent years.
• Hair Cutting/Hair Cleaning Allowance of Rs.40/- per month per student.
• Stationery allowance of Rs.1000/- per cadet per year.
• Washing allowance Rs.120/- per student per month during the term and Rs.20/- per month during break.
AFMC 2009 Scheme of Written Examination:
The competitive written examination will be of 2 hours duration and will have one paper comprising of 200 objective type questions in the following subjects.
Subject Total Questions
Biology (Zoology and Botany) 50
Intelligence, Logic and Reasoning 25
English Language and Comprehension 25
Each question would be of one mark and for each correct answer one mark will be credited. Wrong answers will have negative marks. For each wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted. Use of calculator, cellphone. PDA and log tables arc not permitted in the examination
NDA EXAM( Part ii):2010. Date of notification : 20.03.2010
UPSC declared NDA(Army,AF & Navy batch No.126) exam on 22 AUG 2010
Details will be given in Employment News/Rozgar Samachar dtd. 20 March 2010.Or www.upsc.gov.in
Min Academic Qualification as prescribes:- (i) For Army Wing of National Defence Academy : - 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at Naval Academy : 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University
a)Age Limits- 16½ - 19 years as on 01.07.2011
b) Edn Qualification: For Army wing of NDA-12th pass in 10+2 pattern education of state or university.
c) For AF & Navy NDA and 10+2 Naval Academy executive branch course at Naval Academy- 12th class pass from 10+2 pattern state/Central school or equivalent with Physics & Maths as subject.
d) Candidates appearing at the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination also eligible to compete subject to certain conditions.
e) Physical standard : as given in the para 2 above.
f) Application forms are sold at all head post offices at Rs.20 .00 cash.
g) In case of difficulty in getting forms, please contact concerned post master general of your area or call UPSC forms supply monitoring cell at Delhi 011-23389366 or fax 011-23387310.
h) Fee: Rs.50.00 (for OBC also). SC/ST Exempted.
i) Last date: 19 April 2010.
For more log on to www.upsc.gov.in
I wish this will benefit parents as well society of NE region.